Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Finals…Finally!

So here I am, finding myself trapped within four walls of solid confinement, the walls getting narrower with every passing minute – or so it seems.

Yes, the much dreaded finals are here. A week where everything you have learnt comes back to haunt you, a week when libraries are packed to the brim, sales of coffee and energy drinks peak, a week when it’s hitting the sack vs. camping all night in the library. A week when it’s Facebook vs. that thick, possibly unopened statistic book of yours. A week where it comes down to running the last mile vs. messing with your GPA score.

So technically, I’m down to one paper tomorrow – and that’s it – I’m done for the quarter! That’s when I will rejoice having a heavy burden lifted off my shoulders, when walking seems like flying or when discarding those thick stack of notes feels so…satisfying. (Anyone feels the same?) That’s tomorrow, but tonight, there is a battle yet to be won.

For those of you who are probably at SEL/Thompson/random corner at the union studying, all the best to you. Here’s a quote that I find extremely motivating regardless of how many times I read it. Before you give up or throw the towel, remember this quote.

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" - Muhammad Ali.

AAHC019_8x10-No11

Okay so maybe this isn’t the most motivating picture, so here’s another better one.

muhammad-ali-2

Visualize that battle when you’re done with finals – and emerge victorious. Now go get it peeps! Suffer now and live like a boss, in our Gen Y’s terms.

Can’t wait till this Friday for Panama. Remember to stay subscribed to this blog to receive day to day updates during the time we’re in Panama!

Pictures taken from : http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHO/AAHC019_8x10-No11.jpg & http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/3007811/img/Boxing-MMA/muhammad-ali-2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment